July 10, 2008

Wedding photos: Day 2

Here we go again! The second day, Friday July 4, was a more traditional day which began with a civil ceremony at (approx.) 10 am. Below are the beautiful highlights captured by Jessica's wonderful photographer.

Jessica's painted hands, after the paste was removed. She wore plastic wrap on her hands to bed the night before in order to ensure the deepest stain possible.
Waiting for the ceremony to start. There was a lot of waiting.

Although these kids look fine in this photo, what you don't see is how fussy they were all the other times that morning. My little ringbearer was not happy about holding my hand, but he finally gave in.


Walking (finally!) down the aisle. My heels kept sinking into the soft ground, so I'm glad I'm standing up in this photo!

Exchanging vows. Apparently on their marriage liscence it doesn't say "husband" and "wife", but "partner A" and "partner B". Jessica was not happy about that.

The bridesmaids (most of them). Sheree on the left, a wound care nurse, Janet (the maid of honor and recent high school graduate), Jessica, and me.

Happy couple

My hair was super crunchy. Yuck. We had to be up before 6 am every morning I was there for hair and makeup, which was not fun.

1 comment:

Thwarthwimple said...

holy moly- your hair was HUGE!