July 10, 2008

Wedding photos: day 1

I'm back from Jessica's wedding in LA and her photographer has already starting posting photos from the 4-day event, so I'll begin posting a few from each day here on my blog for all of you to see, starting with Day 1: the Henna party. All the women on Thursday evening got together at Jessica's in-law's house and had henna tatoos painted on their hands and/or feet. I opted for a subtle design on my left palm. Traditionally the bride has intricate and extensive designs on both hands and feet, as you'll see in the photos below.


The beautiful bride-to-be, in the chair where she would sit for several hours while the henna was painted on
The beginning of her design on the feet


The bridesmaids (I definitely got the ugliest outfit that night!)
Continuting henna painting on Jessica's feet

The final product


Can you guess which hand(s) belong to me?



1 comment:

MA said...

I'm guessing yours is the hand coming from the pea green dress!! and palm up, that also gave it away. That henna must have taken forever and, no offense, but it looks kinda scary when it completely covers the hands like that.