March 2, 2009

Easy Chocolate Sauce

Recently after dinner I was craving something sweet, and all we had was some vanilla ice cream lurking in the freezer. I'm not one to eat vanilla ice cream without accoutrements of some sort, so I looked up a chocolate sauce recipe that I knew I'd had for years, but had never attempted for whatever reason. It is shamefully easy, but sinfully chocolate-y. It's not a thick, fudgy chocolate sauce, but the taste really packs a punch--as long as you use a really flavorful cocoa. I used Ghirardelli instead of Hershey's because the former just smelled richer.

Chocolate Sauce

1/2 c butter

2/3 c sugar

1/2 c cocoa

1/2 c water

1 tsp vanilla

Melt butter in saucepan; in separate bowl, stir together sugar and cocoa. Blend sugar/cocoa mixture into melted butter. Add water and vanilla.

Note: I didn't use the full 1/2 cup of water the recipe calls for; but I used almost a half cup. I would add and taste until it suits you.

No comments: